BEST SHORT STORIES OF PHILADELPHIA
ANTHOLOGY PUBLISHING AGREEMENT
This PUBLISHING AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is made between Toho Publishing LLC, 2001 Hamilton St., Philadelphia, PA, 19130, hereinafter referred to as the “Anthologist” and Author.
Concerning an anthology to be compiled by the Anthologist entitled “Best Short Stories of Philadelphia” (the “Anthology”):
1. The Author hereby grants permission to print the accepted submission (the “Story”) in the Anthology, to be published by Toho Publishing LLC (the “Publisher”), in the English language in all countries throughout the world. This permission constitutes non-exclusive world anthology rights and non-exclusive audio anthology rights to the Story.
2. The Anthologist offers a pro rata share of 50% of the Anthology’s royalties through Amazon sales and 10% of the retail price on all copies sold through retail (to be distributed among the Anthology Authors equally). Subsidiary rights money will be distributed within six months of receipt by the Anthologist.
3. The Author represents and warrants that he/she holds the rights to the Story, and that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Story does not contain any libelous material and is not in violation of any rights of privacy or any other rights of third persons, and does not violate any existing common law or statutory copyrights.
4. All rights not specifically granted in this agreement are reserved by the Author.
5. The Publisher shall identify the Authors as the owners in the copyright in the Work and may register such copyrights in the United States in the name of the Authors under one copyright identification number.
6. The Author shall receive one free copy of the first edition.
7. All earnings under this agreement will be paid directly to the Author.
8. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
9. If the Publisher fails to publish the Anthology within 12 months of the date of this Agreement, all rights granted hereunder shall immediately revert to the Author.